Head Hair Study - Phase 2 - Templates

For the next little while I plan to be practicing hair in a more creative way. I'll look at reference for different hairstyles and practice imagining how that hair will look from various angles. I've created my template below of a male and female head from various angles so I can practice placing the hair. I'd like to simplify the hair as much as I can, but we'll see how I do in the next couple of weeks.

Here are my templates for hair practice. They're not perfect, but they should do the trick. Introducing, generic guy and gal!



I was going to try a more realistic style combined with a hard edged head form, but I didn't really like the way it was looking and was taking way too long to draw. But, have a gander at how far I got with it.


You can see above that I then drew a much simpler and stylized head and thought, ya, that's the way I need to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment