Home Brew Logo

I recently completed a logo for a client for their home brewed beer. The final product will be printed on a waterproof sticker and fixed to bottles of beer. I was asked to create caricatures of the clients, and to put some text on the image. The following is the process I went through.

Based on a photograph I received I practiced drawing their faces at a reduced scale and tried out some different styles. I tried realistic, cartoon, and super simplified styles and when I had a couple I liked I presented the initial sketches to the client.

I practiced drawing their faces and picking out what details I wanted to exaggerate.

After picking out the design that worked and tweaking some things I set out to create a larger sketch.

This sketch is pretty close to the final image.

I brought the sketch into Photoshop where I could create clean black and white lines and arrange the text. Some things I kept in mind were the fact that this image would be no bigger than what would fit on a bottle. This means I don't need to be hyper detailed, but instead create something that is easy to read and make sense of at a smaller scale. Below is the final product!

I slightly adjusted some proportions in Photoshop and cleaned it up.

The final logo!

No comments:

Post a Comment