Guest Book for Wedding 2022

 As I explained earlier I seem to always either be sick, tired, or busy. It sure makes it tough to pursue my many goals and aspirations. This year was no different as I finally got married! Life is great, but planning a wedding, having a wedding, and raising two kids definitely takes up a lot of time. Somehow I managed to squeeze in this drawing for people to sign as a guest book at our wedding. I was inspired by a similar gest book sign in drawing with stacks of books, but wanted to personalize it to my family.
The finished guest book. Guests sign on the spines of the books!

I love the way it turned out! There's a couple jank things here and there - courtesy of the rust building up on my arms from months of disuse. This is also the first time I've ever used a 3d model to reference and layout my scene. I knew stacks of books were going to be difficult to freehand perspective wise. It had to look right, so I mocked it up in Google SketchUp first. I set the opacity down low and drew my scene overtop. It's a great way to lay out a complicated piece, and I'll definitely be using it again in the future for some more ambitious pieces.

I used Google SketchUp to layout my scene. It made those stacks of books way easier to draw.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone! Here's to me hopefully getting back into a regular routine artwork and other project wise. Take care and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment