Opus February Daily Challenge 2024 - Part 1

When I learned about this challenge my local art store was putting on I was excited to do another daily challenge like Inktober. My first Inktober was a lot of fun, a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I've been pretty sick for a while, but luckily was feeling well when February came around. I almost didn't do this challenge though because life is busy! However, the success of Inktober pushed me over the edge to just do it. I'm happy I did!

Here are the prompts.

I've done the same thing I did in Inktober which was limit the size of my daily challenge pieces to the size of an index card. It limits my time spend on these to 1.5 to 2 hours. This time, I've also started adding a bit of colour - there is a lot more by the end of the challenge. Colour increases the time for sure, but the results make me happy.




Finally, here are the sketches I did for each piece. There are thumbnails for different ideas and the full size sketch used to make each piece. I use my light board to trace over my sketch and create the final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment