Mushroom Spores Part 1

This all starts with a magic the gathering deck - Xavier Sal the Infested Captain. Back in the day I had a different Saproling commander deck that I really enjoyed. For those who don't know what a Saproling is, it is a sort of fungus plant creature in the magic the gathering card game universe. Usually depicted like the image below.

Your typical Saproling creature.

Now, with Xavier Sal I have breathed new life into a Saproling deck once again! Where is this all going? Well, fungus creatures, which make Saprolings, need spore counters. Counters which are usually tracked with a simple dice. However, I want to step it up a notch so I'm going to make my own spore counters with mushrooms and spores on them! It's inspired me to make some small 4x4 images. Here they are!




I'm continuing my journey into the world of colouring with markers - I like how they are turning out. They're made with Copic, Ohuhu markers, and Copic multiliners for the outlines. My plan is to put a portion of the image onto a small chit token. I'll print on circle stickers then I can apply them to the chits.


Here's the rough sketch work for each of the images.



I'm planning to do another set of 4 mushroom spore images so that I'll have a large variety of tokens, but I'm also just having a lot of fun making these. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment