Head Studies

Heads are the big thing right now so here's some head studies! I've been drawing from photo reference found online. Lots of Avengers, with a sprinkle of Jack Black. Some are bad, some are terrible, some are ya know, okay, but it's all about the practice.

Here's the full page of heads. I like to separate them into boxes. Zoomed in pictures below.

I was spending about 15-25 minutes on each head. 

I know I need to work on shading and nicely rendering features. For now I was focused on placement and proportion.

Rocket threw some variety into the mix. I'll be tackling hair in the near future - and animals a long time from now.

Some of these I was trying to really speed it up which is why they are smaller - about 5-10 minutes each.

Capturing each actor's likeness is pretty difficult.

Jack Black is an Avenger too! He has the power... to move you.

No comments:

Post a Comment