Inktober 2024 - Week 1

I had a lot of fun doing Inktober last year - and afterward it had really got me in gear to make even more art. Life got busy as per the usual and I haven't completed as much as I wanted to. However, Inktober really served as a kick-start to get things going again. I'm optimistic this year will be similar, and so far I'm having fun with the prompts. Here they are!


Again, I'm limiting the size of each piece to a 3"x5" index card. I'm also challenging myself to colour ALL of them this year. It's a lot more work, which is already taking its toll, but it is satisfying when it's done. Here are my pictures for the first 7 prompts.




This year I'm using a combination of traditional sketches and digital sketches to lay out the rough drawings. I like to print out the rough linework and then use a lightbox to create the final inking on the index card. Here's some of the rough linework for the prompts.




No comments:

Post a Comment